Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week One: Recap

I have loved my first week of ChangeOne! I really feel like I've learned a lot and become so much more aware of Breakfast and how it affects my day. Here are a few pearls of wisdom I've picked up along my first week:
-Breakfast sets the tone for the day. You have heard it a million times; Breakfast is the most important meal of the day & People who eat breakfast weigh less. Well, its true. I found that on mornings when I ate a (quote, unquote) "Big Breakfast" I stayed full longer and snacked less- which means that I ended up eating less calories throughout the day. Score.
-Breakfast foods work for lunch and dinner. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having an omelet for lunch or a waffle for dinner.
Now that I have begun to establish a good breakfast habit, I feel ready to take on a slightly harder area...Lunch! Eating a good breakfast usually left me too full for lunch at the "normal" time and I usually ended up snacking until dinner instead, so this week will take some experimenting to find the right time and size for my lunch.  
Tomorrow starts Week Two and I have my first weigh-in.  
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment