Saturday, February 25, 2012

Lesson Learned

Last night was date night- Chris and I went out with our friends to Texas Roadhouse.
I love Texas Roadhouse.
I knew going into it that it was going to be hard (if not nearly impossible) to eat healthy there. I looked at a menu ahead of time and tried my best to pick things out that would be less naughty. I ended up getting  the Veg Plate- which is, essentially, 4 side dishes. 
The odds were stacked against me- they give you unlimited hot rolls and honeybutter (one of my weaknesses, so much sugar!), we had a coupon for a free blossom (a giant fried onion), we started eating late, and I was starving. 
It was soooo good, I can't deny it; but I don't want to know how many calories I consumed over that 1-hour period. The portions are huge! The other problem; we got home at 9:30 and I was exhausted and had to get up at 3:20 the next morning, so I went right to bed.
Now I understand why dieticians say not to eat after 7.
I woke up for work still completely full. I felt so yucky! To wrap this up, this is what I want to do differently in the future:
1. Go to eat earlier, so I have time to digest and all that before I go to bed.
2. Don't order something just because it is free- No more blossoms. 
3. Try to convince Chris to share something with me so I don't have to eat a whole plate by myself. 
4. Try better to eat super healthy for the other two meals so I have extra calories to spare. 

Anyone out there have any good out to eat tricks?

1 comment:

  1. even if you get a lot of food, just eat until you are comfortably full and then get a take home box- lunch for the next day!

    ReplyDelete