Monday, April 23, 2012

Calorie Killer

On Saturday night, Chris and I went out with some friends to Applebee's. Anticipating the evening out and all of the calories it would entail, I was very careful with breakfast & lunch and had about 1300 calories left (thanks to a quick elliptical workout).

We went to dinner and had a great time; and ate some really yummy food. Now, know that I knew that I wasn't making the best choices (potato twisters and a pasta with Alfredo sauce), but I figured that I would be ok considering my vast leftover calories.
Wrong.
My pasta totaled in at 1,460 calories and half of the appetizer at 485. AH! That's 1,945 calories in one meal. I was so bummed!

This is where my ChangeOne reading comes into play. I know that restaurant portions are way too big. So, CO suggests you only eat half of what you are given and take the rest home with you. If you are unbearably hungry after you've eaten half- eat half of what you set aside and then stop. If I would have done this Saturday night I would have been fine with some calories to spare.

Also, I think next time I'm going to look up the entrees I like and decide beforehand based on the calorie count. 

No comments:

Post a Comment